Monday, April 19, 2010

From others for others-Week 2

Well today I saw the other Trash Pirate out there...so I know that I am not just thinking that it is slim pickings out there. Now I guess if I am lucky enough to find anything good it truly will be a treasure.I wonder what her mission is...is it to decorate her home,sell for profit, or donate to charity.
Today I have found a few things for others and a couple of things for our home.


Hey good Looking whatcha got cooking?
Here is a kitchenette for the little tikes, this would have been a cool thing when I was a kid but growing up. I got to spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning I guess that is why I like it so much and I dare say pretty good at it. I also took commercial foods in High School but never wanted to do it other than a hobby. Who wants to spend all day cooking for picky people to turn around and have to cook for your family too. The little fire truck is there on stand-by...Just in case you never know!


Slam Dunk! Well this must be for smurfs because it only comes up to my knee and any Basketball player I have seen I need a ladder just to get face to face with them.

















Ahh Yes another carpet...I still have a office with terrazzo floors so maybe there or it could be for Goodwill.










I think someone wants me to be really ready for a trip I found another suitcase. This one seems to have it all together, No fixing just zipping...I like that. The purple one will have a use to put my tent in there. We have a cabin tent and if you ever try to get a big tent back in the tiny bag ...it doesn't happen. I am not a professional tent folder and after you have leaves and dirt sticking to it all you want to do is spend the end of your trip folding a tent up smaller than a handkerchief that fits in a suit pocket. My solution to this pack it in a suitcase...one with wheels it makes it easy to lug around.








Ohhhh Baby... Well speaking of lugging around here is something that will help someone out there lug around some precious cargo. A Eddie Bower button folding stroller. This ride comes fully loaded, reclining seat, sunroof, cup holder storage compartment, compact steering, cruise control, alloy wheels, anti lock breaks...ohh wait I almost thought I was describing a car this thing is so nice. I bet you can even get on-star and satellite radio if you wanted.






Game On!! This table was curbed and I am glad I got to it before the rain or my nemesis did. This has no glass some of the legs were wobbly but wood glue and a coat of Old English scratch remover did the trick. Now we have a place to play chess with a Asian Chess set that we acquired on ebay for $15.00





























I AM IRON CHEF














































I love my Crock Pot...No this was not on the curb but I have a treasure to share with you! I made Crock Pot Doggy Stew last night for my Girl Sheeba. Yes she got to lick the beaters and bowl when I was done :) I bought several large zip lock type containers (the bargain ones) and filled them with the stew I kept one out and froze the rest. She is about 60 LBS and I feed her about 4 cups of food a day. Her fur has become really soft shes not have scratchy dry skin and she has healthy bowels but the best part is she is not farting now. Goodness I tell you some days I think living next to a treatment facility plant would be better. Here is how I made it:




Place in the crock pot:

1) 2 large Chicken Breast
2) 1 Package of Diced Ham
3) 2 Cans Potatoes and Beans in ham juice
4) 4 Diced Carrots
5) 2 Tbs Garlic Powder
6) 4 Tbs Bone Meal

Cook During sleep time

Cook 2 Cups of Brown rice in 4 ½ Cups of Water

In a Big bowl mix:
6 Cups of oats
8 Eggs
4 Cups of Dry Milk
2 Cups Melted Crisco
Cooked Rice




Bring all ingredients together and make a paste like texture add wheat flour or chicken broth as needed to make the consistency.

Place into sealed containers freeze anything more than your dog will eat in 3 days.

I know this may sound weird but it really works (only if you keep a clean house)and do not have a huge bowl. I scrub out the garbage disposal side of my sink wash the plug and rinse very well, then I start adding all the ingredients mixing with a hand mixer. After it is mixed and packaged all you have to do rinse the sink..makes for one less dish to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment