Monday, April 12, 2010

From others for others-Week 1

Here is the point where I have found just about everything that I could need or use in my home. But that got me to thinking about how much I enjoy "Treasure Hunting" and the things that others may enjoy, such as the neat things I find that are set out for a fate unknown. So I got to thinking that the "from Others for Others" might be the ticket, what I mean by this is...I do my treasure hunt,I have things to post about, I take the items after determining that it is safe & suitable give those to Goodwill. After this starts a economic trickle of helping others,the sales of donations help fund job training programs, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges.

Well today seems like the "hunt" went pretty well I found bags of cloths, toys and other things that are perfect for someone else.





















"B" is for Baby today I found a bassinet, and a Evenflo play yard.
Bags of clothes and toys.



























A Nice Squares Rug and a Runner. No this rug is not for me, but it is nice. I saw it on the curb and told my Husband to stop so I could get it and his reply was...but of course. It was one of those sarcastic "don't you have enough rugs" tone. I had to explain my mission ..its not for me its for others.



















Poor abused Scooby! I think he needed to go to the vet to get fixed he was in such bad shape. I looked him over and thought it was best to send him along. RIP Scooby someone will miss you.









This is the case of the broken zipper, it was clean looks like it would travel well but there was something about this case. Like all cases it needs careful scrutiny and determine the intent. I stood back got the whole picture, looked at all the angles, finally I realized that it was not safe for air travel. So I took its flying privileges away then I had to think of something to hold this case together so I got to thinking of luggage straps. Now it will ride in the car to destinations unknown. "Case Closed!"






This here is a smaller monitor than what I have but it works well and mine seems to think that it is a vertical blind at times especially from leaving it turned off to long. The remedy for that was to add screen saver and not turn off the monitor. But just in case I now will have a back up so I can do my computing and save for another (On Sale) should the need arise.



How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?...Ok whats up with the fire wood you ask? Well it was on the curb. But really we like to sit out on the patio and watch the fire slowly burn in our fire pit. So there you have it, now all I need is that darned woodchuck to split it up for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment