Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For others from others Week 9

Another busy weeks has transpired here at the home-base of the Weekly Trash & Treasure.

1st I want to congratulate my husband for all of his hard work he finally made 3rd Class Petty Officer-Good Job Honey we all knew you could do it!

The week has been busy I have been trying to better organize everything that we have so it will fit into the car.I really want to open a storage unit at the flea market so I wont have to make weekly decisions on what can fit in the car and what can't. I am still trying to get a read for the flea marketers to see what types of things they are looking for.
But as for this week I found more clothes of course. Before it used to be all about the rugs now that I have plenty of those and also found that some can be a bit of work getting them cleaned after they have been on the curb we have decided that that is better left to those who have a trailer and a yard to really get all the fur and grime out of them.
As I was passing a lot of trash on the curb some of the houses place boxes on top of the can...it gave me the feeling that they don't want it but they really don't consider it trash its like "special trash" it also made me think that I am like a stray cat digging through the trash for a tasty treat. Eventually you begin to learn who has the good curbside treasures and who just has trash. But like stray cats you keep feeding them and they will always be around. I had a house that I was really fond of... always good treasures out there but they were just in the process of moving. That is another thing that I am learning how to do "read the curb" what I mean by that is sometimes boxes are just boxes but they are always worth the look because those bunch of boxes usually indicate that someone has moved in or out and the chances of treasures are much greater in a situation like this. So if you see a pile of boxes and bags on the corner watch out for my hazard lights because I am pulling over!























Lions, Tiggers and Bears oh My!

Now I can not say that all the things I have acquired are curbside treasures, some are yard sale treasures. In the case of these plates. I picked up all the bear ones $5 for the whole set and I looked them up on ebay and they start at $10 on the low end and go to $25 on the high end. We shall see how they do.The little bears were .25¢and the cows are a 4 service set and were on the curb.

















GREETINGS TO ALL!
Really...Greetings, well wishes and Birthdays too. If there is an occasion it might be in this box.I picked all of these 300+ cards up at a yard sale brand new Hallmark expressions. Now I have some Birthdays and events coming up and just by the price marked on the back of two cards I have already paid for the box. Now that is some savvy shopping! I am going to sell them at the flea market for .25¢ each, again it brings something to others at a cheap price and it will help to pay for the booth and us being there.




























This is a Collectors Doll but she does not have a name on her Certificate and I was not going to disturb her from her slumber to see if there was one imprinted on her so for namesake I will call her Princess Aurora (or Briar Rose).





















On occasions you can find good things at the curbside Five & Dime. This week we have super saver samples on all the popular brands test these products to try before you buy!




























A tisket a tasket here is a picnic basket. I got this at a yard sale for $1.00,I thought of keeping it for my camping trips but I am not sure when all that is going to take place again.It is way to hot right now the humidity is really high and the spring and fall are the best times to camp here. This goes into the we shall see closet.

















Well here is a tasty treat for the chocolate lover I found this at a yard sale new in package for $3.00 I also found a heart shaped fondue set to replace the Christmas one that I have.


Well to all those that read if you are looking for some treasures it pays to visit a Goodwill,yard sale, or your local curb because you never know what you may find!

This is your host with the most?
Until next week, just watch for my flashing lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment