Monday, June 14, 2010

For others from others Week 10

Wow I cant believe that I have been doing this for 10 weeks now! Time sure does fly by fast. Well this week seemed to about fun and games, that is basically all I found in the trash this week toys and games. But I do have to say that I did stumble upon a pickers dream, it was a can full of games, videos, radios and other neat things. After I got home and picked through what would be good for goodwill or the flea market I put the rest on the curb. When I was doing dishes I saw out my front window that there were two young girls digging through the bags, I thought to myself hummm future pickers of America.
I opened the door and scoffed at them telling them to make sure that they clean up their mess when they are done. I have the charisma of a cactus at times but I mean well, I just didn't want a mess strung all over. That is one of my pet peeves that I see other pickers do they string through to get what they want and leave a huge mess with no regard for anything other than what they are looking for. Usually I "squeeze the Charmin" as I call it and feel out the bag you can tell a lot be just feeling, and if I feel that there is somethings worthy I will take the bag home and sort it out, this way I am not making a mess while looking for treasures.
So anyway I thought to myself that these girls might just be future pickers so I brought them out a basket with some shells that I found on the beach and a bottle of hand sanitizer. I expressed that there is a lot of things in trash that they want to be careful of I told them that there is a lot of nasty things lurking in trash and if they are going to do it they should always use hand sanitizer and never touch any place on their faces until their hands are clean. I also told them that they should get some gloves as well. Another thing that I told them was to always clean up after yourself. They smiled and thanked me.
As for the next few weeks I am limited to picking only around my neighborhood as my husband is traveling daily to go to school and we only have one car. But that is fine with me because I have so much I can work with,Last week we donated three huge bags of clothes to goodwill and had a $1.00 or less sale at the flea market. Things didn't go that well there I think it was just too hot, the heat index that day was about 110 degrees. I am glad that we brought a fan with us.




















Can-Can Can brand new cans of dog food. I hope that a nice puppy out there is happy with these.



















This was in the trash as well and It has a mark on the bottom but I can not make it out so I am not sure if it is an original or something that was bought off the shelf because it looked good.It is about a gallon pitcher and now is my sweet tea pitcher.



















Here is the fun I spoke of, I had to untangle all the hair and such. I have box more of toys in the garage.One of the items here is the Avatar toys, I really liked that movie but cant understand why someone put these on the curb when it just came out.



















Here is the games. Yahtzee was also in the group but is on the patio because me and my honey were playing last night.

























This was a hair raising find! I was surprised that it worked, we plugged it in and rubbed Buddha for a bit, hopefully he brings us some luck.

























This is the tale of two lights one of the dueling Dragon's the other of a crank flashlight/radio. Since Hurricane season is upon us we will need light and radio, I have always wanted one of these, now I have one!



















Here is the Creme De la creme in the can!! A Bradford Exchange Limited Edition Harley Eagle. This is 2003 with a limitation of only 295 days of creation.


Well I hope everyone has a great week. Until next week I am your host with the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment