Tuesday, May 18, 2010

For others from others Week 6

I am running a bit behind this week as I found a lot that needed to be cleaned and ready to go Goodwill. On top of a few other projects that I have added to my plate this week. I am starting to go through my own house and ridding my self of things that are just collecting dust and may do someone else some good!






















I found this pillar on the curb in need of some desperate TLC Well after all the gluing and puzzle working to get it back to looking normal I turned the base over and saw that it came from Big Lots for 10 Bucks I thought to myself OK I just wasted my time for that. So the only thing I though I could do with it was put my husband on this pedestal because he treats me so well.























Things are going to get steamy around here with this steam cleaner I found. Well its not the light and elite and feels like I am dragging around a boulder, but after fixing it I can not complain at free. The water hose would not work and I found that the seal was broken so I super glued that then fixed a couple of chew marks in the water hose it was ready to soak anything in its path.I like this also because it has an upholstery attachment and Our dogs love to get on the couch and be with us while we watch TV.























A Little Tykes Dune Buggy. Well good thing we live next to the beach but the Dunes are protected here so it will be a Sand Buggy. Even has a front compartment for the wallet and cell phone. You know kids these days have to have their own phones and bank accounts.






















Here is a baby gate, or dog gate or maybe my Husband has a better idea with it to gate me in the car so I can not get things from the curb. I can see him now driving slowly past garage sales and treasures on the curb taunting me and I wont be able to even get my arm out of the car I would just look at the things like a caged animal at the zoo.
There is also a Rusty Wallace Stadium seat cushion, that can also be used as a fan type banner. Then a mop for my patio.


















Here is a scooter my husband who is much younger than me was scooting around the cul-de-sac and he admitted that he was becoming addicted to it. I on the other hand got on it and tried imagining myself like Sara Jessica Parker as "Carrie" in Sex in the City Season 3 "Hot Child in the City" where she was "Scooting in Heels" I couldn't even scoot on one foot. So Sara Jessica gets accolades from me, you go shoe girl!

















Well I am starting to loose all my hearing from a head trauma that I had in the past, I was not the rocker type who had to listen to loud music at all hours of the day I didn't work in a factory etc. But I am slowly going deeeef, and these speakers have helped bring in some added audio to my movie watching. That is a favorite thing to do and I feel for the ones that have to rely solely on subtitle, I have had to use it over the past few weeks when I noticed that I am having a hard time with understanding speech. I turned on the subtitle and notice that even with this they are cutting out words and phrases that the characters are saying. Either they are censoring what we read, another form of mind control in my book, "Oh they won't miss a few words they can't hear it anyway" or they typist is being lazy. We have lost a quality of life as it is don't deprive us of other things too.























Here fishy-fishy-fishy I found a nice fish tank and stand on the side of the road. I thought of maybe using it for a terrarium as we have a wild Gecko that my Husband named George after the late great George Carlin. He watches over our storage/shop off the car port. I went in the other day and George jumped on my shoe and would not get off I think he was trying to defend his territory, but he is not as mean as he would like to think he is as I went in the shop for some other things and saw him there and he let me pet him under his chin.No terrarium for George though.























He's a Pin Ball Wizard well he thinks he is . This is a little tykes Pinball machine. It needed to be cleaned and we have to find a power cord for it so it will light up and make all sorts of noise. Bing-Bing-Ting

















This is probably the best find of the week. It is a 5 Disk DVD/CD changer. Now I can watch Smallville before bed and then flip the disk to listen to rain while I am sleeping. All with out having to change out disks or getting out of my comfy spot in bed. Yes it works great!

















Here is a Radio Flyer Bouncy. Well the only thing that was about to fly on this was me- hinney 1st onto the pavement if the bungees broke. Yes I had to take it for a test drive its the silly little kid in me or maybe just the silly part. Damn those Toys R Us commercials!

Well I hope everyone has a great week..until next time this is your host bringing you the most? ...Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment